
After a fun activity in Mrs. Kallas' class I was prompted to investigate my personal learning strengths. As no surprise to myself, my three strongest multiple intelligences are Intrapersonal, Interpersonal, and Music learning. Considering my personal preferences and attitude toward life, these intelligences are highly indicative of the way I like to learn and behave. I am heavily involved in music in all of its regards. As a musician I take practicing and learning music very seriously. At the same time, it is an immensely enjoyable and rewarding experience to perform music that I have invested a significant amount of time in. In both listening to and playing music, I become in touch with my inner passion and soul. This connection I have with music helps me to recognize melodies, musical ideas, and pick up on key cadences in people's voices. Often times, thinking of someone's words or a lesson plan as a song or musical cadence, I am able to clearly remember the information and context it was presented in. This is a very useful tool for learning new things or people.
As previously stated, my musical strengths help me to appreciate and recognizes cadences and subtleties in people's voices. This communication fun and fascinating for me. I lean heavy into the interpersonal learning because I place so much value in someones' inflection and presentation of their words. Social communication is one of the most fascinating parts of daily life for me and working with others by enjoying their personalities helps me not only learn more about them (another passion of mine), but I certainly learn the information better through collaboration.
Intrapersonally, I consider myself very thoughtful and calculated. I like to consider my words carefully before speaking or making a decision. Over time this consideration has become faster and I am able to greater speak my mind and discover my own interests at much more quickly. Therefore, a learning environment in which I have the capacity to think independently and weigh decisions on a personal scale would certainly help me make decisions I can be confident in. Although I love working with a group and getting stuff done "as a team" the benefits of solitary meditation can bring a sharper focus to a project and allow my to analyze my own input on the matter. I discover more about myself and can then be of greater use to the group.
No comments:
Post a Comment