Monday, January 23, 2017

It's All About Me- How I Best Learn!

In response to Mrs. Kallas' blog prompt I have found that my strongest style of learning is auditory.


Auditory Learning is clearly the strongest category and that is certainly consistent with my daily life. As an aspiring musician, I find myself practicing and listening to music every single day. Not only does my musical inclination promote an auditory lifestyle but I also have a strong preference of verbal communication with other people.  I pay close attention to exactly what people say and how they deliver it. As a result, I end up remembering people's phrases, jokes and pick up subtle details in their inflection that can give away their thoughts on a subject. The nuances of verbal communication has always been something that fascinates me and I can appreciate when it is well controlled. I am more easily able to remember someone's phrases and the way they said it which is why a lecture or a class discussion of notes is my preference in learning. Even when I'm reading information or trying to memorize vocabulary, I will audibly recite key details from the definition or the passage so that I can personalize it and remember the detail for later.

No comments:

Post a Comment